Chicago Business Litigation Attorneys Deliver Preeminent Service
The experience you need before — and after — you hit the wall
In today’s competitive business climate, your company’s ability to thrive depends on the freshness of your ideas, the quality of your goods or services, and your willingness to work hard. But it also depends on how you combat deceptive and unscrupulous treatment from competitors, colleagues and clients. That’s where Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC comes in. Our Chicago attorneys have more than 50 years of combined experience in business and commercial litigation, much of it spent helping our clients manage worst case scenarios. Though we regularly assist with the nuts and bolts of commercial transactions and disputes, we are nationally recognized authorities on areas of the law that protect good-faith businesspeople from underhanded tactics, such as:
- Fraudulent transfers — Bad faith liquidation of assets for the sole purpose of frustrating your claim for payment
- Breach of fiduciary duty — Violations by officers that put the company and its owners at risk
- Business oppression — Abuse of business governance procedures to deprive minority owners of their rights
- Confessions of judgment — Hidden contractual language that makes you personally liable for your company’s debts
Proactive solutions to fraud, collections, business oppression and confession of judgment in the Chicago area
Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC understands that certain commercial litigation scenarios require:
- Specific experience — Although most commercial litigators sue honest but incompetent or unfortunate trade partners, our practice excels at pursuing shady characters, con men and cheats. For most attorneys, the work stops when they win a judgment; we know the job’s not over until we collect on the judgment.
- Particular knowledge — We are nationally recognized authorities in the substantive law and civil procedure prescribing what victims can do after the judgment to ensure their compensation gets paid.
- Personal attention — We care about your losses and tackle your case with enthusiasm and energy
Most business litigation lawyers will admit they’d be fumbling in the dark if asked to investigate a fraudulent transfer, unwind a confession judgment or challenge business oppression. But Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC in Chicago has a distinguished track record of success in tough cases that require creative solutions. That’s why we say, “When you’re out of ideas, we’re just getting started!”
Chicago commercial litigation firm offers a full range of services
If you own a Limited Liability Company or run a Fortune 500 firm, Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC can assist with everything from corporate structuring and governance to Uniform Commercial Code violations. We also represent individuals and companies of all sizes in commercial real estate litigation. Our experience managing companies’ worst case scenarios may prevent you from having to face yours.
Contact a preeminent Chicago law firm for solutions to tough commercial litigation cases
There’s a point at which every business person or litigator wonders what to do next. That’s usually the time to contact us. To schedule a consultation, call 312-436-1442 or contact our Chicago office today.