Andrew R. Schwartz
Andy Schwartz represents clients throughout Illinois in all phases of litigation in state and federal court. He started his career at Davidson & Schwartz, handling a wide variety of civil litigation cases, including contract disputes, fraudulent transfers, accounting, condominium law and bankruptcy. After spending 12 years with the firm, Andy left to become a partner at Sugar, Friedberg & Felsenthal, LLP, where he focused his work on fraudulent transfers, business litigation and complex collections issues. Andy founded his own firm in 2007, and was joined by Tom Kanyock in 2009. Andy and Tom founded Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC in 2011 to fulfill their mutual goal of providing clients with top-quality business litigation services.
Andy is perhaps best known for his skills in fraudulent transfer litigation. He serves as co-counsel for cases involving this area of law across the United States. Andy has also written numerous articles for the Illinois Bar Journal, as well as part of a treatise for the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, and lectures to educate fellow attorneys on fraudulent transfer litigation.
Over the course of his 25-year career, Andy has received many accolades for his outstanding litigation skills. He was recognized as an Illinois Super Lawyer in 2007 and 2008 and is currently AV® PreeminentTM Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell® for his dedication to ethics and his legal abilities.
- Fraudulent Transfer Litigation for Matrimonial Attorneys, ISBA Family Law Section (Chicago) (April 7, 2010)
- Fraudulent Transfer Litigation for Matrimonial Attorneys, ISBA Family Law Section (Bloomington-Normal) (May 20, 2010)
- Fraudulent Transfer Litigation for Matrimonial Attorneys, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Chicago) (April 26, 2011)
- Fraudulent Transfer Litigation for Collection Lawyers, Illinois Creditors’ Bar Association (Chicago) (March 5, 2012)
- Fraudulent Transfer Litigation for Matrimonial Attorneys, Joint Conference of AICPA / American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Las Vegas, NV) (May 10, 2012)
- The Secret Stash: How to Combat Divorcing Spouses who Hide Assets and Income, ISBA Family Law Section (Chicago) (May 15, 2014)