Chicago UCC Litigation Attorneys Assert Your Commercial Rights
Enforcing protections for buyers, sellers, lessors and lessees
The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) standardizes across the country the laws regulating transactions for goods. All 50 states have adopted the UCC in one form or another. If you have a dispute over the sale of goods or the leasing of industrial equipment, your attorney must know the UCC inside and out and have experience litigating UCC cases to a successful verdict. At Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC, our attorneys have more than 50 years of commercial litigation experience. We’ve gotten results in high-stakes, high-value cases in arbitration and at all levels of state and federal court. If you have a complex case involving significant commercial assets, you can trust Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC to investigate thoroughly, litigate aggressively and resolve your case efficiently. We are prepared to assist in UCC cases involving:
- Bank deposits and collections
- Breach of contract
- Breach of warranties
- Bulk sales and bulk transfers
- Consumer credit compliance
- Documentary drafts
- Documents of title
- Duty to mitigate
- Equipment leasing
- Forms controversies
- Funds transfers
- Insolvency, workouts and bankruptcy
- International sales transactions
- Internet-based transactions
- Investment securities
- Letters of credit
- Negotiable instruments
- Non-conforming goods
- Payflow ACH (Automated Clearing House) payment service
- Sale of goods
- Secure transactions
- Secure and unsecured lending facilities
- Securitization and structured finance
- Tax implications for commercial transactions
- Wire transfers
Forward thinking UCC attorneys staying ahead of the curve
Critics have charged that the UCC is outdated because it fails to address controversies that can arise when conducting business over the Internet. It’s no secret that sorting out the privileges and responsibilities of web commerce is the new frontier for commercial litigation. Our UCC litigation attorneys are fully prepared to fight those battles with the energy and determination that distinguishes our firm.
Damages available for breach of contract under the UCC
The UCC provides several remedies for buyers and sellers, lessors and lessees injured by a breach of contract, including:
- Consequential damages — Compensation for reasonably foreseeable losses that resulted from a seller’s breach of contract.
- Incidental damages — Compensation for expenses the non-breaching party suffered that are commercially reasonable.
- Liquidated damages — Reasonable estimates of damages the parties negotiated and predetermined in the event of a breach of contract.
- Restitution— Payments equal to the amount the non-breaching party spent in reliance on the breaching party’s promises.
Contact Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC for UCC litigation in the greater Chicago area
Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC skillfully manages high-stakes controversies under the Uniform Commercial Code in Illinois. Don’t let a commercial breach bring your business to a standstill. Call us today at 312-436-1442 or contact our firm online to schedule a consultation.