Thomas J. Kanyock
Tom Kanyock represents clients in all levels of state and federal courts. While based in Illinois, Tom has also appeared pro hac vice in many other jurisdictions throughout the United States. Tom focuses primarily on civil and business disputes, and has a long history of handling significant litigation. He also developed a unique niche as a consultant and coach for other attorneys faced with litigation and trials.
After graduating from IIT/Chicago-Kent College of Law in 1992, Tom began his career handling complex tort litigation in jurisdictions throughout the Midwest. He gained extensive experience trying high-impact lawsuits in Illinois and litigating in other states. In 2008, Tom opened his own practice and, in 2011, merged his practice into Andy’s, forming Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC.
These diverse experiences make Tom an extremely capable and knowledgeable trial attorney. He has co-authored articles published in the Illinois Bar Journal and for the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education. Tom was a keynote speaker for the American Bar Association and has presented to the Illinois State Bar Association. He also speaks regularly before other attorney and client organizations.
- Janousek v. Slotky, 2012 Il App (1st) 113432.
- Keller v. Courtesy Aircraft, Inc., et al., 359 Ill.App.3d 605 (2d. Dist. 2005)
- McCormick v. Waukegan School Dist. 60, 374 F.3d 564 (7th Cir. 2004)
- Redelmann v. Bodie-Hoover Petroleum, et al., No. 1-02-1723, 347 Ill.App.3d 1112 (1st Dist. 2004)
- Evans v. Lima Lima Flight Team, No. 1-02-2495, 337 Ill.App. 3d 1147 (1st Dist. 2003)
- Alexander v. Somer, 2002 WL 31557607 (N.D. Ill. 2002)
- Price Aviation, Inc. v. Charter Township of Fenton, 909 F.Supp. 498 (E.D. Mich. 1995)
- Combs v. APCOA, 1993 WL 473270 (Ohio App. 10th Dist. 1993)