Chicago Attorneys Manage All Aspects of Business Entity Litigation
Experienced representation of company stakeholders in complex disputes
Operating a business, you expect challenges to come from outside the company: competitors, distributors, material suppliers, and so on, all of whom can induce serious headaches. But often the greatest challenges to the smooth operation of a business come from within. Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC understands that internal business disputes can disrupt operations and destroy value for all stakeholders. We give personal attention to your business conflicts so you and your company can benefit from your specific experience and particular knowledge.
Focused business litigation resolves a variety of conflicts
Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC in Chicago provides skilled and aggressive legal representation for companies, officers, boards of directors, shareholders and senior level employees, in matters related to:
- Breach of fiduciary duty — A great deal of our practice is dedicated to helping shareholders and partners victimized by negligent or intentional breaches of the duty to take proper care of a business entity and its assets.
- Shareholder and partnership disputes — When company stakeholders disagree on various aspects of business operations and corporate governance, all parties stand to lose.
- Restrictive covenants — We represent businesses and senior level employees in disputes concerning noncompetes and other contract provisions designed to protect a company’s interest without unduly infringing on an employee’s right to make a living.
- LLC law — We counsel owners on all issues related to operating limited liability companies.
- Entity control litigation — Stakeholders with different visions for operating a company often clash over who should control the enterprise. We represent controlling officers under attack, as well as minority partners and shareholders who feel the only way to protect their interests is to gain control of operations.
- Business oppression — We litigate cases where it’s alleged that the majority has used its voting power to abuse the ownership rights of minority shareholders.
- Freeze out/Squeeze out — Our firm helps to protect ownership rights in cases where the majority shareholders have allegedly used their voting clout to silence minority opposition or force them to surrender their part ownership of the company.
- Business divorce — When a partnership is not working, or no longer suits the needs of all concerned, it’s often best to part ways. We help “divorcing” partners to protect their ownership rights during dissolution of a business or a buyout.
- Employment disputes — Successful companies must attract and retain quality corporate talent while protecting their trade secrets. We help settle disputes over alleged breaches of employment contracts.
Resolve your internal business conflicts with help from Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC
Businesses prosper when those in charge can focus on operations. Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC helps Chicago area businesses resolve internal business disputes that threaten a company’s value and performance. Call today at 312-436-1442 or contact us online to schedule your initial consultation.