Practice Areas For Our Chicago Litigation Attorneys
Aggressive trial representation with commercial issues throughout Illinois
Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC is the go-to Chicago law firm for businesses that need advanced trial tactics and litigation strategy for complex cases. We have more than 50 years of combined commercial litigation experience. We have distinguished ourselves as authorities on complex procedural and substantive issues, notably fraudulent transfers, entity control and confessions of judgment. If you’re struggling with a high-stakes court case, visit Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC. Find out why we say, “When you’re out of ideas, we’re just getting started!”
Knowledge and experience with a wide variety of commercial controversies
At Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC in Chicago our knowledgeable attorneys are ready to assist on matters related to:
- Fraudulent transfer litigation — When a current or would-be debtor transfers assets to a third party to frustrate a creditor’s legitimate claim, that violates the Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act. Our specific knowledge of fraudulent transfer litigation allows us to collect on judgments for claimants and attorneys.
- Business entity litigation — Our litigators manage cases where control of a business entity is at stake. Business entity litigation often arises from a breach of fiduciary duty, as well as shareholder and partnership disputes and allegations of business oppression.
- Commercial litigation — We represent individuals and businesses in breach of contract disputes, allegations of unfair business practices, sales of goods, business fraud, Uniform Commercial Code violations, commercial lease litigation and secure transactions.
- Trial and appellate practice — We try cases at every level of state and federal court within Illinois. We offer our trial and appellate services to out-of-state attorneys litigating in Illinois.
- Confession of judgment litigation — We represent business creditors in actions to vacate and open confession judgments, so that an honest debtor’s case can be heard on the merits.
- Condominium litigation — Our attorneys handle all types of litigation arising from disputes related to the Illinois Condominium Property Act.
- Real estate litigation — We represent commercial landlords, developers, investors, contractors and tenants in a variety of disputes, including leases, easements, mechanic’s liens, title and nuisance claims.
- Debtor & creditor law — We represent creditors and honest debtors in litigation, including collections and enforcement of judgment actions where high-value assets are at stake.
- Equitable remedies — When money damages alone cannot deliver justice, we pursue extraordinary relief, including injunctions, declaratory judgments, court order to provide an accounting, receiverships, constructive trusts and resulting trusts.
If you’ve hit the wall with your commercial dispute, call Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC
Whether you run a Fortune 500 company or small business, Schwartz & Kanyock, LLC can help resolve your complex commercial litigation. Our firm also helps Chicago area attorneys collect on court judgments, and operates as local counsel for our of state law firms. Call us today at 312-436-1442 or contact us online to schedule your initial consultation.